The Covid-19 virus continues to bring with it pressing challenges for families everywhere. For separated families these can be very difficult to manage. Loss of income, conflict, full-blown arguments over where the children should stay and separation from loved-ones and an increase in domestic abuse.
Green Phone Initiative – free Professional Support for Male and Female Victims Of Domestic Abuse. Look for any professional displaying the Green Phone symbol and you will not be charged for your call. You can find them here.
If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police.
If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, dial 999, listen to the questions from the operator and respond by coughing or tapping the handset if you can. Then follow the instructions depending on whether you are calling from a mobile or a landline.
If prompted, press 55 to Make Yourself Heard – this will transfer your call to the police. Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.
You may also find our Useful Links section helpful.
- > Donated Copies Of The ‘101 Questions’
- > COVID19: Can I Attend A Separated Parents Information Programme (SPIP)?
- > COVID19: What Are The Alternatives To Going To Court?
- > COVID19: How Are The Courts Functioning?
- > How Do You Respond To Changes Outside Your Control?
- > The Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA): Profile
- > COVID19: When Should I Call The Police?
- > COVID19: We Don’t Want To Hurt The Children
- > COVID19: How Can We Support Children’s Emotional Wellbeing During COVID19?
- > COVID19: How Do I Encourage Meaningful Contact Online?
Free Professional Advice For Male And Female Victims Of Domestic Abuse
We have launched a Green Phone initiative which is supported by legal professionals volunteering their time to have a FREE phone call with any mum or dad who is a victim of domestic abuse and would like some advice. Please look for the green phone symbol. You can find them here......Read More >