COVID19 Green Phone Initiative – free Professional Support for Male and Female Victims Of Domestic Abuse. Look for any professional displaying the Green Phone symbol and you will not be charged for your call. You can find them here.
The advent of the Covid-19 virus outbreak is bringing with it pressing challenges for families everywhere. For separated families these challenges are proving very difficult to manage. Loss of income, conflict, full-blown arguments over where the children should stay and separation from loved-ones are the things we are hearing about on a daily basis. Of particular concern are messages from those living in high conflict households where for some this “lockdown” means living under the same roof with their abusive partner. We are urgently pulling together useful articles and contact details that may be used in an emergency.
We have a live chat session between 12-2pm every weekday.
You may also find our COVID19 Useful Links section helpful.
If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police.
If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, dial 999, listen to the questions from the operator and respond by coughing or tapping the handset if you can. Then follow the instructions depending on whether you are calling from a mobile or a landline.
If prompted, press 55 to Make Yourself Heard – this will transfer your call to the police. Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.
- > Donated Copies Of The ‘101 Questions’
- > COVID19: Can I Attend A Separated Parents Information Programme (SPIP)?
- > COVID19: What Are The Alternatives To Going To Court?
- > COVID19: How Are The Courts Functioning?
- > How Do You Respond To Changes Outside Your Control?
- > The Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA): Profile
- > COVID19: When Should I Call The Police?
- > COVID19: We Don’t Want To Hurt The Children
- > COVID19: How Can We Support Children’s Emotional Wellbeing During COVID19?
- > COVID19: How Do I Encourage Meaningful Contact Online?
Free Professional Advice For Male And Female Victims Of Domestic Abuse
We have launched a Green Phone initiative which is supported by legal professionals volunteering their time to have a FREE phone call with any mum or dad who is a victim of domestic abuse and would like some advice. Please look for the green phone symbol. You can find them here......Read More >