Welcome to A Neutral Space.
For Devon parents going through separation and divorce
It is well known that going through a separation or Divorce is one of the most stressful things life can throw at us. Add children into the mix and family lives get turned upside down and emotions run high. For anyone going through it making important decisions about the future of your family can feel like an impossible hurdle.
Thank you so much, you really helped me fee less stressed about what to do next and what might happen. Nikki
Often, in the early days, you can be bombarded with well meaning advice from friends and family that can actually create further stress in knowing just what are the best decisions to make for you and your children. Some may tell you to go to a lawyer and ‘take him/her to court’ or to not let the ex see the children.
How Can A Neutral Space Help Me?
A Neutral Space offers you an opportunity to begin to make informed decisions that will enable you and your family to move on with your lives. We are not lawyers, McKenzie Friends, mediators or counsellors but we do have over 20 years experience between us of supporting parents through family breakdown and the court process.
- If you just need to share your situation we can listen.
- We can help you identify what you might need to do next.
- We can give you up to date information and talk you through the different options you have for resolution.
- If you need to see a solicitor we can help you prepare to get the best out of your meeting.
- We can sign-post you to additional local professional support if that is what you need.
Experience has shown us over the years that having a conversation with someone who is neutral can help parents make clearer decisions at a time when there are often many to be made. It can give them peace of mind, it can save them money and most importantly it can enable parents to feel more empowered and less isolated.
Who Are We?
Rebecca Giraud and Bob Greig. Between us we have over 20 years of experience of supporting parents going through separation and divorce including supporting parents in court. You can read more about us here.
What Can I Expect From A Session?
Sessions can last from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Relief at having talked things through your situation in non-judgemental space.
- Better informed as to what routes you might want to take.
- Further useful information/resources and tips on how to move forward.
- Sign-posting to local professional support.
- You will meet with both of us unless you request otherwise.
How Do I Book?
Bookings need to be made by appointment.
How Much Will It Cost?
We do not charge fees but we do ask for a donation to our organisation.
We suggest the following:
£30 for 30 mins £45 for 60 mins £90 for 90 mins
We do not take on individual cases.
We are happy to have more than one session if you feel that would help you.
We will be asking you for feedback in order that we can develop and improve the service.